LittleBigPlanet Vita – a list of everything that’s newBy
The sad truth is that most portable versions of home console games tend to be stripped down ports. If, however, you’ve read any previews for LittleBigPlanet Vita, you should know that its clever use of the PS Vita touch and tilt controls make it a big exception. Despite that, it appears LittleBigPlanet Vita isn’t just about taking a loved franchise and improving it with fancy controls. Below is the list of all the new things that will be added into LittleBigPlanet Vita, according to the participants of the recent LBP Vita GameJam event.
-Unphysicalize – a tool that allows removal of all physical properties from an object, allowing Sackboys to pass right through them
-Sticker Scrubber – allows removal of all stickers and decorations from an object without having to remove them one by one
-UV Tool – allows for zooming and rotating of a pattern on an object
-Rain Material – Allows creators to add weather effects to a level by inserting dynamic animated raindrops which can be edited with the UV tool
-Invisible material – the opposite of Unphysicalize which allows for invisible objects if you want to create invisible boundries in your level.
-The Memorizer – makes it possible for creators to allow players to save their progress on a level, even with inventory
- Text Tool – allows level creators to insert text into their levels without speech bubbles or notes, complete with varying fonts and styles
- Static/Dynamic materials – a feature returning from LBP PSP, allowing creators to set materials to static or dynamic, forcing them to either stay in one place or obey the rules of gravity
- An option to instantly destroy anything an emitter emits after the emitter has been destroyed by the player
- Bounce Pads can have a customized sound effect (or none at all), as well as adjustable bounce height.
- Creators can add achievements to their levels
Being taken over by a new developer isn’t usually a good thing for the franchise, but it looks like Double 11 is bringing a fresh new look at the beloved franchise. LittleBigPlanet Vita will be coming to the PlayStation Vita June 26th and can be pre-ordered here